The 2023 GMC Sierra 1500 with a 3.0L Duramax Turbo-Diesel engine has a maximum towing capacity of 13,000 pounds. This makes it one of the most powerful and capable tow vehicles in its class.
Here is a table of the 2023 GMC Sierra 1500 towing capacities for different configurations:
|Engine||Towing Capacity (2WD)||Towing Capacity (4WD)|
|2.7L Turbo High-Output I4||9,500 lbs||9,500 lbs|
|3.0L Duramax Turbo-Diesel I6||13,000 lbs||13,000 lbs|
|6.2L EcoTec3 V8||13,200 lbs||13,200 lbs|
drive_spreadsheet导出到 Google 表格
Note that these are maximum towing capacities, and actual towing capacity may vary depending on the weight of the trailer, the driver’s experience, and road conditions.
Here are some things to keep in mind when towing with your 2023 GMC Sierra 1500:
- Always use a weight-distributing hitch and trailer brake controller.
- Be sure your truck and trailer are properly matched for the weight you are towing.
- Always check your mirrors and be aware of your surroundings when towing.
- Avoid sudden braking or acceleration when towing.
- Take breaks often to rest yourself and your truck.